Saturday 9 February 2013

Snowmageddon 2013

Feb 8, 2013 - Today was interesting - my first day as Pioneer editor and we get hit with "Snowmageddon 2013".

Just over half my group was able to make it into school (we're the commuter group).  Everyone stepped up and got stuff done, either by phone or going out in the storm to shoot.

I don't know what possessed me to go to school today.  I live in Kingston and Loyalist is in Belleville soooo when I left home around 7:30 a.m it took me twice as long to get there.  I will admit that when I got to Belleville I stopped at Starbucks for a venti tea, I figured it was going to be a long day.

Because I'm one of the editors I'm not suppose to leave the newsroom (that's what the staff is for) so I didn't get any shots during the day.  I stuck around campus until 4:30pm, when a group of us were leaving so we could help clear each others cars off.  Everyone got home safely (or to a hotel in my case).

Please take a look at what I was able to cover for SNOWMAGEDDON 2013.

Photoj's on a dare between classes
(l-r) James, Justin and Julia

Getting out of the Loyalist parking lot (l-r) Jeff, Lyndsay and Dan in his truck.

 
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment