Friday 17 May 2013

Internship - Kingston This Week - Week One (May 16) Published

So I'm onto my second internship.  This time with the Kingston This Week and it's a four week (unpaid) internship.

It was a bit of an adjustment going from a daily to a weekly paper but the workload was just as challenging, just in different ways.  There are fewer people in the editorial department at the KTW and the focus is more on features and community coverage - which is what I'm interested in right now.  I'm still working on my writing (always room for improvement there) and trying to be creative with my photos.

Events I covered: high school rowing regatta, success by 6 events, mental health conference, trillium gymnastic gala, and high school field lacrosse

Stories I wrote: allergy season and the free high school mental health conference

This is what got published (some events were held for next week):



-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment