Monday 29 July 2013

Only when the wind blows

As I was finishing up an assignment this afternoon I noticed that that wind had really picked up.  Since I was "done" for the day I decided to take a drive by Breakwater Park to see if there were any wind or kite surfers taking advantage of the increased breeze.  I've shot kite surfers from afar before but figured that now was the time to get closer and introduce myself.  There must have been 10 + kites out on the water.  What a friendly group of people. :)

A few things I learned: it's really hard to get the kite and rider in a tight shot; not all the action happens out on the water and next time to bring a sweater.

Here's a selection of photos from my afternoon spent watching the wind blow.


  


 

He ended up going home and getting his gear :D





 


 

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment