Monday 22 May 2017

Victoria Day – May 22, 2017

Working the stats can be fun, taking pictures, meeting new people and sharing the event with others through the Whig-Standards' Facebook live account.

The day started out with covering the fun activities at Lake Ontario Park.  Once I left I saw a few families of geese trying to cross Front Road.  After that I got access to behind Invista (pre-arranged) to video the fireworks.  I had to make some adjustments because the water levels were so high the beach I wanted to shoot from was under water.  After getting distracted by the carp in the water, I finally got set up beside the conservation area.

Facebook Live







A family of geese try to walk across the four lanes of traffic on Front Rd, in front of the Invista plant, but turn back after the traffic stops and horns start honking, in Kingston, Ont. on Monday May 22, 2017. 







Victoria Day fireworks display over Elevator Bay for crowds gathered along Front Rd and at Lake Ontario Park in Kingston, Ont. on Monday May 22, 2017













-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment