Friday 8 March 2013

Victorian Fashion Show


At the Pioneer story meeting on Thursday I chose to cover the Belleville Theatre Guilds Victorian Fashion Show and High Tea.  I had covered a show with the BTG in year one and it seemed like a fun, full circle kinda thing covering them again in year two.

I decided that I wanted to try for all three: photos, written story and multimedia

Saturday (Rehearsal/Final Dress) - I figured that I'd want to include some 'behind the scenes' shots and footage so I arranged to go to the dress rehearsal.  I got a chance to meet everyone and get them used to me being around.  AND figure out where I could shoot from and where NOT to be, because the space is at a premium.  Getting a chance to just observe was great.  It helped me focus on some of the little things I might have missed.

Sunday (Show Day) - You could feel the excitement in the air.  Two 1st year photojs came to cover the event for their writing class "event" assignment.  I was able to give them a bit of help in what to expect.

I just love live theatre.  You never know what's going to happen, which makes things all the more interesting when covering it as media.

Here are some of my favourite photos - full story and video below:











-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment